Greg Shaw’s Resume
Software Entrepreneur, Product Manager, and Senior Audio Director. Specializes in Operations, Business Management and Digital Media Asset Creation. Experienced in negotiations, executive communications, alignment of multi-party positions, coordination with multi-discipline functional teams specializing in production. 20 years’ video games industry experience with focus on game production and publishing. Graduated MBA with an Entrepreneurial Concentration.
- Built a software company from scratch to solve operational issues for breweries.
- Managed partner/vendor relations for internal and externally developed products.
- Performed Market research and Business Intelligence Analysis to identify problem set and market opportunities.
- Managed product development, strategic vision and business operations of KegMetrics.
- Performed Content Due Diligence for acquisition of $1B lifetime revenue IP.
- Managed quality and operations for a portfolio of projects.
- Managed executive expectations for quality, budget and risks.
- Created, aligned, and improved processes and operations so that they are flexible yet true to original priorities.
- Led and managed staff of creative and logical thinkers and ensured communication between multi-discipline functional teams.
- Implemented all aspects of Audio Production and Audio Vision for multiple AAA big-budget titles on multiple platforms.
Founder, Product Manager
2015–Present DashBrew LLC Bellevue, WA
- Boostrapped a business from no product to paying customers on a feature rich asset-tracking and inventory management SaaS product in 8 months with customer driven UAT.
- Performed Business Analysis of problem space, competition, market conditions, and solutions.
- Managed the technical product development, strategic vision and business operations for KegMetrics including the long-term Technology Roadmap.
- Set SMART Goals–Evaluated and created projections for revenue targets.
- Managed, Created and Drove All Business and Product Development Priorities end-to-end including triage based trade-offs.
- Analyzed and lead product usability (User Experience) to optimize the product for the end user.
- Identified new market opportunities for additional growth.
- Manage Multiple Tasks across every major function in the business.
Product Manager, Senior Audio Director, Audio Director, Audio Lead
2002–2016 Microsoft Corporation, Inc. Redmond, WA
- Lead product strike team for developing patented technology.
- Developed release strategy and shipped digitally distributed soundtracks.
- Secured buy-in from multiple parties for digital soundtrack release, negotiated terms in a three party deal.
- Negotiated, Secured and Managed internal and external resources required for product development.
- Managed relationships with external studios and vendors as well as internal multi-discipline teams.
- Designed audio content work flow and audio feature sets.
- Created development tools for audio script implementation.
- Integrated and worked with external middleware firms like FMOD, Wwise, Unity and UE.
- Created, Proposed, and Delivered Audio and Project Priorities and Initiatives.
- Scheduled, Planned, Created, Designed, and Implemented all aspects of audio for titles on the Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows, and mobile.
- Developed Audio Vision and achieved alignment with internal and external development studios.
- Launched several new IP as well as maintained existing IP.
2013“Growing Craft Beer Brewery”,Wellesley, MA
- Identified opportunities for organizational and foundational change to support $100M in annual revenue.
- Conducted Primary and Secondary Research to define key behaviors and actions that would build partnerships with distributors.
- Analyzed and identified trends of peers around brewery productivity.
- Part of the Babson College Consulting Field Experience Course.
Audio\Video Manager, Sound Design Lead, Sound Designer
1998–2002 Crystal Dynamics, Inc. Menlo Park, CA
- Managed staff and ensured communication with multiple development teams.
- Designed Next Generation Sound Engine with programmers.
- Scheduled, Planned, and Executed Audio and Video Post-Production.
- Scheduled, Created, Designed and Implemented Sounds for games.
Sound Designer, AV Editor
1996–1998 Adrenaline Interactive Los Angeles, CA
- Created, Mixed, and synchronized sound effects for PSX, Saturn, and PC games.
- Edited and compressed all in game movies.
1994–1996 Opcode Systems, Inc. Palo Alto, CA
- Software Duplication and Production.
- Software QA
Babson College, F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business Wellesley, MA
Master of Business Administration, August 2014
Cogswell Polytechnical College Sunnyvale, CA
Bachelor of Science, Music Engineering Technology, 1992–1996
Concentration in Software Development
Senior Project: A Graphical Standard MIDI File Editor for Windows in C++
International and Avid Public Speaker
- Presented at Microsoft Game Audio Summit 2014, GDC 2013, 2010, 2007, MIGS 2012, Cogswell College 2012, University of Montana 2012
- Toastmasters Alumni and Certified Communicator 2007
Board of Directors Member – Somerset Recreation Club 2016
Created and ran “Guitar Heroes for Whiskers” 2007- Raised several thousand dollars for Seattle Humane Society with a video game competition
Certifications/Tools and Process Experience
Patent Co-Creator for Xbox Audio Calibration Tool 2014
Experienced Windows Phone Developer – Shipped, Designed, Coded, Planned and Released “Audize” WinPhone 7 App,2011
- Scalebound (Xbox One and Windows, not shipped yet)
- ReCore (Xbox One and Windows)
- Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)*
- Xbox Fitness (Xbox One Launch Title)
- Powerstar Golf (Xbox One Launch Title)
- Galactic Reign (Azure Powered – Windows 8 Desktop, Phone, Tablet)*
- Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)
- Microsoft Flight (2012) (Windows)
- Kinect Nat Geo TV Season 2 (Xbox 360)
- Kinect Nat Geo TV Season 1 (Xbox 360)*
- Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
- Forza 3 (and DLC) (Xbox 360)*
- Forza 2 (and DLC) (Xbox 360)
- Forza (Xbox)
- Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox)
- Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
- Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Windows)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Windows)*
- Mad Dash Racing (Xbox Launch Title)
- 102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue (PlayStation)
- Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour (PlayStation)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PlayStation)
- Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (PlayStation)
- Tiger Woods ’99 PGA Tour Golf (PlayStation)
- Ten Pin Alley (PlayStation)Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling (PlayStation)